Prioritizing Your To-Do List
We are all busy. We seem to pride ourselves in telling others how “busy” we are as if it is a badge of honor. Well, we must remember that God did not create us to be busy – He created us to fulfill a purpose in this world, all according to our spiritual gifts. In Matthew 5:16, Jesus reminds us that we have a purpose, saying “. . . let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” As we try to balance all that we do in our daily lives and fulfill Jesus’ command to love God and love others, keep the following daily priorities in mind:
- Pray. Most of us would not let even one hour go by without checking our social media accounts or texting friends. We must adopt the same attitude toward our prayer life and not approach any decision, day, or activity without first seeking God.
- Read the Bible. Let God’s word speak to you.
- Encourage someone. Let’s begin each day by searching for that one neighbor, student, coworker, or friend who needs encouragement. Extend a word of kindness and show God’s love toward others.
- Step back and look at the big picture. In this busy world, we get caught up in trivial matters that cloud the “big picture.” We need to remember that the main reason we are on this earth is to glorify God and love others.
- Remember your influence. We have the opportunity to influence others in meaningful ways. Focus daily on allowing our influence to have a lasting impact that is pleasing to God.
- Reflect. Take time at the end of each day to reflect, to focus on God’s goodness and blessings, to ask forgiveness for our sins.
- Praise God. End every day by worshipping God and thanking Him for His goodness.
How can you prioritize your to-do list and strengthen your daily walk with the Lord?
By Hope member Mike DiNardo